FrieslandCampina Laboratory & Quality Services (LQS) located in Leeuwarden is the center for dairy analytics and analytical expertise for all of FrieslandCampina. LQS is carrying out analyses, sharing knowledge and delivering expertise in the field of microbiology, chemistry, sensory and hygiene to the benefit of Operating Companies and FrieslandCampina Units. The ultimate goal is a high level of food safety, product quality and industrial hygiene. The FrieslandCampina unique ISO17025 accreditation is proof of the high level of Laboratory & Quality Services.
We currently looking for an:
Microbiology & Hygiene Expert
As Expert you will be responsible for the support of FrieslandCampina operational companies (OpCo’s) and factories on dairy analytics, microbiology and hygiene. You will contribute to sustainable solving of problems and will be part of RCA-teams. You will be Member of the FrieslandCampina Microbiology community and will represent FrieslandCampina’s positions internally as well as externally in relevant expert groups and organizations.
- Responsible for the support and sustainable solving of problems and incidents from FrieslandCampina OpCo’s and factories on Microbiology and Hygiene
- Responsible for creating, harmonizing and maintaining networks on Microbiology and Hygiene with FC OpCo’s worldwide in close cooperation with Corporate QA.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining networks with (international) networks such as universities, research institutes, government agencies and peer companies and translate knowledge into FrieslandCampina operational practice.
- Initiates and leads internal and external (research) projects in the field of improving hygiene and quality management & control.
- Builds and executes training programs in cooperation with business groups to improve quality and hygiene awareness at FC OpCo’s at various levels.
- Member of the FrieslandCampina Microbiology community and representing FrieslandCampina’s positions internally as well as externally in relevant expert groups and organizations.
- Is able to act as an authority and provide opinions based on relevant and specific information (in decision making process)
- Is an excellent communicator: verbal and writing in Dutch & English
- Is able to analyse and act decisively; makes a distinction between main- and side issues, reasons logically and works accurately and draws valid conclusions from available information. Makes rational, realistic and firm advice, while taking these facts and figures into account.
- Academic degree (M.Sc. PhD) in food technology, food microbiology or similar educations;
- Internationally oriented; fluent in Dutch and English;
- Minimally 5-10 years’ experience in working in a similar position in an international food company;
- You have working experience within a large and complex organization;
- Knowledge in the field of production technology and quality management with respect to processing IFT;
- Experience with laboratory improvement processes and knowledge of TPM, TQM, Lean 6Sigma and/or WCOM in the field of IFT
- Triple AAA (Alignment, Accountability, Action);
- Knowledge of legislation in the field of IFT;
- Experience with project management.
- Experience with setup of training programs and training people
Your salary is based on the weighting of your job, your experience and your training. FrieslandCampina does not however only compensate its employees with monetary rewards. We also consider it important for our people to continue to grow. After all, your development is not only good for your career; our products also benefit from it. That’s why we invest in relevant training courses in your particular discipline. The mutual exchange of knowledge between colleagues is also evident on the work floor. It is, after all, the most effective way to learn.
All 22,000 employees at FrieslandCampina share a single passion: getting more out of milk and aim to help people move forward in life. With our brands - over 30 - we reach millions of people in more than 100 countries. FrieslandCampina consists of a number of business groups and operating companies with offices all around the world. The head office is located in Amersfoort, the Netherlands.
If you have any further questions about the above-mentioned position, or you would simply like to know more about FrieslandCampina, please do not hesitate to contact Harold Post, Talent Specialist, 06-52565023