Are you interested in trends and developments in the area of food legislation? Can you act like a "consultant" who advises others in the correct interpretation of the contents of existing legislation and are you able to translate your knowledge into actions? At FrieslandCampina Amersfoort we are looking for a pragmatic Regulatory Affairs Specialist.
At our Business Group Ingredients we are looking for a Regulatory Affairs Specialist. In this role you are part of the QA Food Safety & Regulatory Affairs cluster and will provide regulatory affairs support to QA, R&D, the production locations, and other parts of the business group.
The Regulatory Affairs specialist performs a key role in maintaining the legal compliance of the Business Group processes as well as compliance to internal and external standards and policies. You are an expert on food legislation and have an extended network to obtain and share information. A key role for the specialist is the correct interpretation of the contents of existing legislation and you have the capability to translate this knowledge into tangible actions. You are fully up to date with the developments in legislation and you anticipate on new legislation by initiating projects and activities to prevent non-compliances. In addition, you update the business regularly on new legal developments as well as new developments in standards and policies. Moreover, the jobholder is actively involved in the design, review and optimization of standards, policies and guidelines.
Your main responsibilities are:
- Supporting the business by consulting about legislation and driving the process of maintaining legal compliance;
- Updating the business on new developments in (food) legislation, including an impact assessment and proposals for adaptation;
- Translating expert food legislation knowledge into tangible actions;
- Performing regulatory risk assessments for development projects;
- Driving the process for registration of products and labels for export purposes;
- Member of the FrieslandCampina RA community and representing FrieslandCampina’ s positions internally as well as externally in relevant expert groups and organizations;
- Designing, reviewing and optimizing standards, policies and guidelines;
- Reporting to the QA Food Safety & Regulatory Affairs Manager.
- University education Food Technology, Biotechnology, Pharmacy, or Law;
- Internationally oriented; fluent in Dutch and English;
- Profound knowledge of EU and international food legislation and regulatory requirements;
- Extended external network with relevant members and organizations;
- Minimum 5 year experience in a food producing company;
- Ability to persuasive communicate and influence regulators and other stakeholders
- Strong capability to analyze, interpret and synthesize on regulations and guidelines
- Organizational awareness.
Your salary is based on the weighting of your job, your experience and your training. FrieslandCampina does not however only compensate its employees with monetary rewards. We also consider it important for our people to continue to grow. After all, your development is not only good for your career; our products also benefit from it. That’s why we invest in relevant training courses in your particular discipline. The mutual exchange of knowledge between colleagues is also evident on the work floor. It is, after all, the most effective way to learn.
All 22,000 employees at FrieslandCampina share a single passion: getting more out of milk and aim to help people move forward in life. With our brands over 30 we reach millions of people in more than 100 countries. FrieslandCampina consists of a number of business groups and operating companies with offices all around the world. The head office is located in Amersfoort, the Netherlands.
The Business Group Ingredients (BGI) develops, produces and sells on a B-to-B basis a range of milk and whey based ingredients and semi-finished/ finished products. This includes consumer packaging for the B-to-C market of some of our customers. Through innovation in the broadest sense, BGI enable B-to-B customers and CPA to develop and market branded products which and meet consumer demands/ needs, and generate added-value revenues.
If you have any further questions about the above-mentioned position, or you would simply like to know more about FrieslandCampina, please do not hesitate to contact Anne Claire Eggermont, Talent Scout, email@example.com.