Reporting to the Director IP, you will enjoy a high level of responsibility and autonomy in dealing with the full range of patent matters in relation to key parts of the FrieslandCampina Business.
The position requires a commercial interest and the ability to translate business value drivers into appropriate IP strategy and action. You are expected to contribute to shaping and expanding the IP services rendered. You will be responsible for fostering a proactive IP culture within the Company and further increasing the visibility of the IP Group.
The role will require you to build close working relationships with scientists, commercial and legal colleagues as well as management. You will represent the IP Group in cross-functional project- and business teams. Specific tasks include:
- Create and maintain valuable IP assets (invention harvesting, drafting, filing, prosecuting, and defending patents);
- Identify and manage IP Risks (Freedom to Operate analysis, Oppositions, etc.);
- IP support in safe-guarding the company’s Know How and exploiting commercial opportunities, for example by providing IP guidance in transactions (with suppliers, customers, in/out licensing, joint development etc.);
- Providing guidance to administrative staff and colleagues within the IP Group;
- Assist in devising and improving IP Processes.
- A University degree in a relevant science (such as: Food Science, (Bio)chemistry, Biology, Biotechnology);
- At least five years post qualification experience as a fully qualified European Patent Attorney;
- Significant experience in working in an in-house patent department;
- Significant experience in multi-jurisdictional patent portfolio management, invalidity and freedom-to-operate opinion work;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, fluent in English.
Your salary is based on the weighting of your job, your experience and your training. FrieslandCampina does not however only compensate its employees with monetary rewards. We also consider it important for our people to continue to grow. After all, your development is not only good for your career; our products also benefit from it. That’s why we invest in relevant training courses in your particular discipline. The mutual exchange of knowledge between colleagues is also evident on the work floor. It is, after all, the most effective way to learn.
FrieslandCampina is one of the world’s largest dairy companies and has a cooperative tradition stretching back more than 140 years. FrieslandCampina has offices in 32 countries and employs over 22.000 people. The Company’s head office is located in Amersfoort and its products find their way to more than 100 countries.
Innovation has taken on a much greater focus within the company in recent years and to verify this commitment, the newly built state-of-the-art Innovation Centre was completed in 2013 next to the site of the Wageningen University. This facility brings together the research and development expertise under one roof thereby fostering a stronger collective culture. For our Innovation Centre we are looking to hire a:
Senior Patent Attorney
If you have any further questions about the content of the position, or you would simply like to know more about FrieslandCampina, please do not hesitate to contact Peter van Deursen, Director IP, tel. +31 6 212 42357 or mail: Peter.email@example.com.
If you have any procedural questions, please contact Joeri van der Rhee, Talent Scout, tel. +31 6 296 08385 or mail: Joeri.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Official applications are (only) possible via the website.